My family and Other Animals

Monday, April 24, 2006

The start

(Well, it's the start of my blog, not the start of my diet).

I went to Weight Watchers last night for my weigh in. I had weighed 13st 5lbs when I started there on 27th March and up unto last night had lost 5lbs in three weeks. However I am ashamed to admit that I've not counted a single point since I started going, and that my 5lbs loss is more luck than management. Anyway I put a pound on last night, which made me really angry with myself, so I'm motivated once more!

I've been a yo-yo-dieter since November 1998 when I started my first diet at 11st 5lbs. Well, 7.5 years later and 2st heavier speaks for itself doesn't it? I've tried calorie counting, weight watchers, Paul McKenna, hypnotism, Slimming World - all sensible eating plans, not faddy ones and fail every time.

My promise to myself from now on is to go to Weight Watchers even if I am not following the diet, just to have a bit of accountability.

13st 5lbs is the heaviest I have ever been and 9st 13lbs is the lightest (Jan 2000). The longest I have ever been on a losing diet (ie losing and not gaining) is 9 weeks, and the most I have ever lost before losing the plot, getting bored and piling it back on again, is 13.5lbs. I've never actually lost an entire stone by myself in one stretch before.

So, please follow me on my weight loss journey....

1 Comments:

At Tuesday, April 25, 2006, Blogger Rahsickles said...

we're here for ya gal, keep up the good work & don't put yourself down so much :) think positive xxx

 

Post a Comment

<< Home