My family and Other Animals

Friday, June 15, 2007

the first steps

I went to an introductory session on Thursday (14th June). I got there ten minutes early so had to fill a form in with my details, medical history, and then she weighed me. Now, I needed the loo, and had my boots on (cos I had on odd and holey socks so I was embarrassed about taking the boots off) but even so I wasn't prepared for how much her scales weighed me at - 13st 13lbs! I nearly died. My BMI is 33.9 and if I could have started the programme there and then I blooming well would have done.

Three other women came in the meantime. I didn't catch their names but one of them was a mother of six, another was a doctor's receptionist, and the other was an elderly lady. Elderly lady asked me how this diet worked, and by the sounds of things she had no idea about it, and hadn't realised that it cost so much so I don't know whether she will sign up or not. Mum of six definitely wanted to do it, but I found her really irritating, she was all "ME! ME! ME!" and I can imagine the bloody counselling sessions will be all about her. Doctor's receptionist was very large but very quiet so I don't know whether she will go or not.

When I was waiting for the other women to be weighed, I started flicking through some photo albums and MY GOD - was there some transformations in there?! Including my very own H from work. I hadn't realised just how big she was as she used to hide it, and now she's a really slinky foxy thing. Hopefully I will make it into that photo album in the not so distant future.

We watched a DVD which was the founder of the programme talking about the psychology and the science behind it, interspersed with happy customers all who had lost vast amounts of weight and kept it off, all of which they attribute to the counselling. One of them sounded like she could have been me, so I found that inspiring. When that was finished she answered a few questions and then gave us a form to get signed by GP or Practice Nurse.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home